Plenty of incredible facts and advantages of having eggs in your diet:
- Eggs are one the highest quality sources of protein. They set the standard against which many other protein foods are measured.
- This rich protein, found mostly in the egg whites, contains the right amino acids for assisting sportsmen in muscle recovery and development.
- Egg yolks carry the rest of the nutritional value, including a number of vitamins and minerals, and only contain about 70 calories and 5 grams of fat – great for growing boys who tend to eat a lot and are weight-conscious.
- Eggs are also rich in vitamins; including Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin A and many more.
- Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining a strong, resilient immune system as well as naturally reducing inflammation.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for sportsmen as it plays a vital role in transporting oxygen and amino acids in the circulatory system to your tissues and muscles. It also protects against nervous system damage and enables nerve functioning. Carbohydrates also use Vitamin B12 to break down into glucose; enabling the body to absorb this glucose into energy.
- Vitamin A is beneficial to our eye health, growth of bone tissue, and the functioning of our immune system.